Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekly Doctor Appointments

This past Friday was the first of my weekly doctor appointments. For the next 4 weeks, I will go every Friday to the doctor. That means we are getting close!

At this first weekly appointment, she checked me for the first time. I was very nervous about this. I've heard it's not a very pleasant thing. Obviously, right? Well, it wasn't terribly pleasant, but good news came of it. I'm dilated to a 1, which I realize means very little probably. But it's a start! My doctor said at this point in her pregnancy she was dilated to a 4 and still went all the way to her due date! But the coolest thing to me was that she felt Callie's head!! She felt her HEAD! So stinking cool! So, baby girl is head down and starting to engage.

My feelings right now are a mix of excitement and anticipation. The anticipation might just kill me! ;) It could be anytime now. Or it could be weeks and weeks still.

Right now, I have no pain other that my feet. Which are still killing me. But no braxton hicks or anything right now. My legs are tired and sore too. I'm tired. I'm sleeping great still though. Please God let that continue. Courtney is not sleeping as well as me. HA! I get up to go to the bathroom so frequently and I also turn from side to side which is quite a feat with my big ole belly and pillow between my legs! I fall back to sleep very quickly after all this, but he apparently doesn't quite as well. And right now we don't have an extra bed he can even go sleep in. So, he just suffers through it. ;) He's okay though.

I think Courtney is a bit nervous about me and what to expect. Today I was making cupcakes and I got my finger caught in the mixer *ouch* and so I screamed out and he quickly responded with a "What? What is it?!" Pretty sure he thought my water broke and it was time. HA! Poor guy. No, not that, just have 2 fingers stuck in the mixer!! What a stupid thing. I think that might be part of why he's not sleeping so well too.

I need to start walking again every night. I just can't seem to get myself out to do it. It's so hot and my foot pain keeps me from doing it. But, I know I need to. I am, however, taking a bath every night. Awww...love that!

On another note, the Hornets had their first football game. We won!! It was fun. But my feet got pretty swollen from being out in the heat. The next football game is in Nocona, my school district. I will go to that game too. After that, unless it's a home game, I will probably be cheering on the Hornets from the air conditioned comfort of my living room.

Well, see ya later folks. Keep good thoughts for me! :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I linked on to your blog through a friend's site. I just thought I would let you know that I was 1 cm and then the next week I was in labor having my son.
I did notice that before I did go into labor, I was up walking more and taking baths. Hopefully that will help you get closer to meeting Callie.

B.E.A.L. said...

well 1cm is better than no cm...that means there is progress happening!

I am so glad she is head down and things are moving along!

I can't wait to hear that she has made her debut!

Relax as much as you can and enjoy the last few weeks!