Saturday, August 21, 2010

Love, the lasting kind.

My grandma has been very sick. She has been in ICU since Sunday afternoon. She went in initially with severe back pain and vomitting and then has a slew of things that have gone wrong and also some that have been very right. There have been quite a few scares and times when we feared we were going to lose her. But she is a fighter and there are many people praying with us for her so she has survivied many obstacles! We are praying for her body to get stronger and stronger and to fight off any more sickness. I would love it if you would pray for her as well. Her name is Mary Spradley.

It's times like these that make you stop and think about what's important. We spent the weekend with my grandparents to celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniverary back in June. 60 years of marriage! I've been meaning to post these pictures since we got back from that weekend. That was June 19th. I've been meaning to do this post since then. To show off the love that has gotten my grandparents to their 60th wedding anniversary. You know...that kind of love.

The lasting kind.

So, I'm doing it today.

My dad and me

Dad, me, Mom

Grandma and her sisters, Teresa and Katie

My cousin's wife Lori
She's the one who put this whole party together.
It was spectacular!

Family visiting

Grandma and my cousin Jessica

Grandma and me

My cousin Michelle and me
She's due a few weeks before me with a girl too. :)

All the cousins

Grandma and Grandpa

Isn't it so pretty? Lori did such a good job.

Their wedding picture

Relaxing on the porch. Love it!

The dessert table. That's their original cake topper!!

Grandma and Grandpa and their kids.
Mom, Uncle Mike, Aunt Patti, and Aunt Debbie

Cutting the cake

We ended the evening with a firework show. It was such fun!

1 comment:

B.E.A.L. said...

awwww...they are so sweet and cute!

love the pictures and how special is that you all were able to celebrate their 60 years together!

She is in our prayers!