Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SNOW DAYS!

During the great SNOWmaggedon of 2011, we were home from school for FOUR fabulous days! That meant a lot of time for picture taking and snuggles with our sweet girl. I really enjoyed this time at home again with her.

I put together her excersaucer. It was such hard work to put together! I think I needed to be a rocket scientist to understand some of those directions, but I got it done finally. Courtney was the overseer of the project. haha

But it was well worth it because she loves it!!

 checking herself out in the mirror (she LOVES to look at herself in the mirror!)


The dogs enjoyed the snow, kind of. They were troopers anyway and would go out in it to potty without any compaints. I'm thankful for that!










We finally ventured out on Friday to go turkey bowling with some friends. What is turkey bowling?? Glad you asked. You get ten 2-liter bottles as pins, a frozen turkey as a bowling ball, an icey road as the lane, some willing friends and voila! Turkey bowling! It was so much fun! Good times had by all.

Callie and I got all decked out for the cold.  

Wish I had better pictures of the one time she will probably get to wear this adorable, fleece-lined snowsuit that we borrowed from my dear friend Emily but unfortunately these pics snapped on an almost dead cell phone were it. My camera died. My cell phone died. Courtney's cell phone was on it's last leg so I was happy to even get these. *sigh* By the way, dontcha love my Green Bay scarf?? Knitted by my talented sister. Thanks Harrison! :)

Oh and my baby loves to sit up now and wishes she could do it all by herself. She is getting close!! She actually did for a few seconds the other day before toppling forward. If she is sitting with us, she wants to be straight up, not leaning back at all.
She was checking out the dogs in this shot. Another fascination of hers for now. :)
Well, I'm off to enjoy looking at the snow. It'll be all melted soon and back to normal.



2 comments:

Shannon said...

We have the same exact exersaucer. My son loved it! I also loved that I could fold it down and it could travel with us. I also loved that I could go buy different replacement parts to put on it when I saw he was getting bored with some of the toys. It was like he was getting a whole new toy!

B.E.A.L. said...

oh I love the first experience in the exersaucer....I love the bright eyes and the itty bitty legs dangling...so cute!!

turkey bowling sounds fun!!!!