Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bye bye bouncy seat

We moved Callie to her crib at 3 weeks old. At first she slept swaddled and in a sleep positioner in her crib. Then somehow, we ended up putting her in her bouncy seat to sleep. I seriously cannot remember how or why we did this. At all. Maybe she had fallen asleep in there once and I decided to start putting her in there at night. No idea. Can't remember for some reason. I can't remember how old she was when we started that either. I do know that when I took Callie to Holdenville and then to Tulsa to meet her cousins for the first time, she was sleeping in it then because I traveled with it. That was November 14th. She was 2 months old then. But either way, she has slept every single night in her bouncy seat in her crib in her room. She started sleeping through the night in the bouncy seat on December 14th at 3 months old. She got a cough right before Christmas and her pediatrician said to make sure she was sleeping upright while she had the cough, like maybe in a bouncy seat. See? I was really just a step ahead.

Not really.

I was just doing what worked. She slept well in the bouncy seat so we left her there. It worked. I really have only one thing I don't want to do with her as far as sleeping is concerned and that is have her in our bed. And she wasn't. She was in her bed. Just in a bouncy seat in there.

But not anymore.

As of last night, she is sleeping happily in her crib! Since she has started to roll over so easily, she had gotten a bit agitated in the bouncy seat, wriggling around and trying to turn over. So, since I have a long weekend because of President's Day, I got up the nerve to try putting her in her crib with no bouncy seat. Since she is sleeping through the night, I really didn't want to do anything to mess that up. But it didn't mess anything up! I put her in the crib on her back and she immediately rolled to her belly and fell asleep.

Success!


This picture is from tonight. Tonight she is snoozing away on her side. Which, by the way, I like much better than her being on her belly...that made me very nervous last night. I clicked on the monitor probably 100 times to make sure she was still breathing. Even though she can hold her head up so well and roll over, she's never really slept on her tummy. Ugh, scared me! I guess I better get used to it though because it seems to be her preference. I put her in her crib tonight with her head facing away from the camera, but she turned herself all the way around until her head was at the other end of the crib. I very much like this view.

This, my friends, is the best show on tv tonight!!

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

1. Thank god for video monitors, right?

2. I totally know how you feel. I still probably click on the monitor a billion times a night.

Terry used to make fun of me because I would sleep with it glued to my head pretty much. But I was so nervous when she was sleeping.

So glad Callie is loving her crib and everyone is getting sleep. I certainly know how precious that is.

B.E.A.L. said...

that is exciting that she transitioned so well and that was easy!