Thursday, February 17, 2011

5 Months Old

Callie is 5 months old today!

This picture says it all...
 ...because she is so into things now!
She is very observant and pays attention to everything around her.

She's a smiling, giggling (every now and then)...
 ...happy little thing.

She loves her feet...
...so very much.

-Callie weighs about 16 pounds now.

-She can roll from back to front with ease now. In fact, she does it easier than she goes from front to back now. She just started going from back to front really well. She loves to do it and if I put her on her back, she rolls over very quickly to her belly. She used to hate being on her belly so much that I was thinking she might not ever crawl! But now she is spending more time on her belly and she's beginning to scoot herself around a bit.

-She has very strong legs. If I sit her on my leg with her feet flat on the ground and let her hold my fingers, she can stand herself up.

-She sat up today on her own when I picked her up from daycare! She was sitting up, leaning against me and she started playing with *big Callie's purse. She leaned onto the purse and I moved away from her and she sat up all on her own! We are getting so close to her sitting up with no support at all!
     *there is another Callie at daycare. Our Callie is "baby Callie" to all the kids and I refer to the other Callie as big Callie. She is 4 and she loooves baby Callie!

-We haven't started her on rice cereal or food yet. I don't have any good reason for that really. I feel like she has no tummy issues with breastmilk and she is quite content with it, doesn't seem like it isn't enough for her. So, I don't feel like making any changes yet. My plan is to start her on it at 6 months.

-She sleeps from 8:30pm to anywhere from 6-7am.

-She eats 5-6 ounces every 3 hours during the day.

-She still takes at least 3 naps a day, usually 4.

-She thinks the dogs are just about the coolest thing EVER! If they walk into the room, she lights up...all smiles and squeals. She spends a lot of time watching them. She reaches out for them now and likes to pat them.

She is seriously getting more and more fun every.single.day. So, I'll ask again, can I please freeze time??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erin, YOU had very strong legs as a baby!! You didn't want to sit and would do the same that Callie does, stand on someone's legs instead of sitting. You were very active and always wanting to MOVE!!! Too funny!

Love these pics! Can you just mail Callie to us up here so we can spend a little time with her??? Spring break would be nice! xoxoxo, Aunt Ginger