Sunday, October 17, 2010

One Month

Time officially flies by.

Callie is ONE MONTH OLD! I cannot believe how fast it's gone.


Here some info on our baby girl...

She wore size newborn diapers up until October 17th when I switched her to size 1. However, she can't fit all size 1's, only the Huggies. They are smaller than the Pampers 1's. Weird. She could still be in newborn, but we ran out and so I went ahead and made the switch since the Huggies are a little smaller.

She is 22 1/2 inches long and she is in the 9 lb range. Those are both estimates, not "official" measurements, because we haven't been to the doctor since she was 2 weeks old. Then she was 21 1/2 inches long and 8lb 9oz.  Our next doctor appt is at 2 months.

She had a VERY fussy/cranky spell a few weeks after she was born. She was quite content for the first 2 weeks of her life and then she started to have unexplained crying. All.the.time. If she wasn't eating and sleeping, she was crying screaming. It was actually quite a nightmare. I did my fair share of crying too! Then I called the doctor and he prescribed Zantac for reflux and I had a friend tell me about some otc stuff called Colic Calm and so we started that too. Let me just tell you...something worked because our Callie was instantly back to her old self. And momma was too! :) Boy, it was a rough time though. Very, very rough.

But, she is MUCH better now!!

Here are some fun recent pictures. Love this sweet girl!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

She is precious! I love that you take weekly pics. I had a former co-worker who took monthly pictures with her daughter. She sat her in the same chair with the same stuffed bear. It was so neat to see how the surroundings were the same, bu the baby was growing. Enjoy each moment with your little one. They change WAY TOO QUICK!

B.E.A.L. said...

oh I remember the crying, screaming, and fuss all the time stage...it is not fun and hard on momma!

glad she is back to her old self now...she is absolutely precious and I LOVE all the pictures of her!

twiceknit said...

Love the pictures. She's just adorable! Can't wait to see her!