Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weight Watchers

So, I have let myself go. There is no better way to put it really...I love to eat, hate to exercise and it is catching up with me. So, tonight I made the decision to start Weight Watchers. Not going to meetings, but counting points. Keysha told me tonight that I would be allowed 18 points a day through Weight Watchers, so I came in and looked up some of the foods I eat regularly for breakfast...just breakfast...and I am eating 8 points every morning at breakfast alone! Sometimes more than that! Yikes!

It is going to be a long, hungry road ahead, but I am really going to try to do it. It seems like a lot of work, and I am kinda lazy at this kind of thing, but I really want -no need - to do something.

I am also training for a 5K in November with Keysha, or at least I am supposed to be, but I haven't been as faithful to my workout as I should be. We are so excited for the run and hoping that we get in great shape through our workout plan. I am running with my dogs but not as often as I should be.

So, now it is out there. Hold me accountable, folks!! :)
In the meantime, I am going to go figure out what I will be eating for breakfast tomorrow!

7 comments:

Autumn said...

Erin,

Might want to look up Weight watchers online. You can join for like $17 a month, and they have recipes and a planner so you can count your points. You're also allowed 35 flex points throughout the week. It's important to use some of those so that your body doesn't think you're starving. It also really helps to be able to have those so you don't feel deprived. You could even join for a month or two to get into the swing of things. Also, they do have a message board for teachers (under stress on the job-- I believe it's called Healthy Teacher Babes and friends).

Keysha said...

We can do this, no we ARE going to do this girlfriend!!!! I am proud of you already :)

Sara Langum said...

Way to go girl! We are all in this together. I looked up one of my favorite fast food breakfasts that I used to eat and it was 15 points!!! No wonder I felt like such a fattie:) It actually hasn't been that hard (despite the hunger for the first few days!)Good Luck girlie. I'll be checkin in on the progress!

B.E.A.L. said...

you go girl...a 5k marathon...that is AWESOME! Hope all goes well with your workout plan and the training!

Just Brandi said...

I have been on weight watchers for 4 weeks and have lost about 8 lbs. so far. It works. It's hard as crap, but it's been worth it!
Also, the Weight Watchers meals they have at the grocery store are really good. The yogurt i LIVE by and it's only 1 point per serving.
The cakes are really good, and so are the Smart Ones dinners.
It's just being aware of what you are eating and choosing the right things.
You can do it!!!
I have noticed such a big difference in the way I feel more than anything! I am at the gym Mon-Thurs and sometimes Friday and Saturday. I have so much more energy and my clothes are starting to not feel so tight!
Good luck, and if you need any help, let me know! I'm a pro at it!

:)

Rebecca said...

Good for you. Chris came home the other night and said he signed me back up at Lifetime Fitness. I was like, so what are you saying, you think I'm fat? :) I went today for the first time and took a yoga class. I feel so motivated. I don't think a marathon is in my future though. You can do it.

Chrystel said...

wow.. hold on.. your dogs actually run with you? how awesome!

i have lost all my weight (and still needing) with running. I actually lost 40lbs total in 3 years :)

but.. my dogs.?. are lazy butts!.. no, i take this back..
ONE of my dogs is a lazy butt!
Snatch.
he will not run with me.. he acts like he's dying.. he lays down each time he can..
HUH???
I know he has a heart murmor, but that doesn't stop him from acting like a nut around the yard and jumping on Oxford for hours..
But running on a straight line, on the leash? he just can't do it....
hmmmmmmm...... I guess he knows he is already skinny and doesn't need to jog! ha ha ha