Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pay your bills, people!

Everyday I come home to about half a dozen messages on my answering machine from creditors looking for a LeeAnn something or other. Every single message is for her...someone saying that she owes them money. You know, the messages that say, "This message is for (pause) LeeAnn (in another voice or tone)....if you are not (pause) LeeAnn (in the same other voice or tone) then please hang up. Otherwise stay on the line." And since it is on our answering machine, I get to hear all the dirt on LeeAnn. Someone even called for her from a business called Mo' Money. I'm not kidding. That poor lady sounded like she had done LeeAnn a real favor by lending her money and needed her to help her out by paying just a little of it back. If it weren't such a pain, I would change our phone number!! I am so tired of it! On Friday I came home to a few messages for her, but then one for a new person...a man. Can't remember his name and I already erased the message, but either LeeAnn has a male counterpart that also skipped town with her without paying his debts off or we lucked out and have had two previous phone number owners who do not pay their bills.

Nice.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, Erin....I totally understand. This happens to me EVERY DAY. It's SO annoying!

Trisha said...

This happened to us, too. I finally called the companies that were calling, and had them remove our number.

twiceknit said...

Ugh. How annoying.

Autumn said...

Just to give LeeAnn the benefit of the doubt, it is a very tough economy out there. I know of some really hard working people (in my family) who have been out of work, have had trouble making ends meet and have had creditors calling them. Debt collectors can be nasty animals. Sometimes, they even call years later on a debt that has already been paid and they're verbally abusive.

AN said...

I get the same call at my work. I don't know who is for, but I just hang up or delete the voice mail. I hope that I won't be in the same situation as LeAnn. I guess we are lucky that we don't have to worry about the calls like that. Count the blessing!! Yeah!