Saturday, September 6, 2008

Accidental Deletion

Well, here I am again! Some of you know already, but I accidentally deleted our old blog. The weird thing is that I am using the same address now, so I am not sure if you will have to go add me to your blog roll again, or if this will show up on your blogs. We will find out soon.

So...I know you are worried you could "accidentally" delete your blog of precious memories too. Well, no, you really can't do it easily at all. You bloggers have all seen the dreaded place on the customize screen that says "Delete my blog" and you probably think, No, never...why would I ever click on that button? You won't.

I had two blogs. We set up a second blog to advertise the selling of our house online because we considered trying to do it ourselves. We obviously didn't do that and so I didn't have anything on that blog. I decided to go on and delete that blog. I went to the house blog, went to the dreaded delete button and clicked. I could see it delete our blog, not the house blog, but I could do nothing. Blog deleted, gone, REMOVED. I cannot believe it did that!!

But, I am back!! I am just glad that, like some of you, my blogs were not chronicals of my dear children's lives. I would have been really devastated to lose all that. Luckily, my blogs are really just nothing too important. There were a few that I am sad I lost, like the tribute to my parents, the Braddock pipe trauma, and the dump story. Oh well.

By the way, the house blog still lives on. I am not even almost going to try to delete it again!!

10 comments:

Keysha said...

glad to see you up and running again! it did work from my blog....but not on the link you sent. weird.

twiceknit said...

Glad you're back!

B.E.A.L. said...

so sorry you lost your blog! anyway...glad you are back and look forward to many new posts!

Trisha said...

Happy to have you back!

Mom said...

So sorry you couldn't revive your blog, but this one will be full of great posts too!

Kristin said...

The link still works :) Glad that you are back and so sorry about all that you lost . . .

patti said...

oh...I've missed you. I wasn't sure if you had the same email. when I saw I was worried...you are the 3rd person I know that accidentally did that this summer...so I have been scared to death to even blog.

There is a way to save your blog entries...i've been meaning to set that up. Again, on my list to do.

can't wait to hear more about adventures in small town texas!

April Massad said...

YEAH!!!! I'm SO glad you are back on! I've "missed" you! ;)
Hey speaking of the dreaded pipe drama, that happened to a girl here in Tulsa! She was sucked into the drain pipe and taken SIX BLOCKS! She came right out the other side! When I saw that I told Eric "OH MY GOSH!!! That happened to Erin's puppy dog!!!"

Rebecca said...

I missed you. Happy you are back

AN said...

Welcome back!! It's good to read your blog again!