Thursday, May 19, 2011

My heart might explode...

Tonight I put Callie down on the floor of her room and went into her bathroom to start her bath water. After starting her water, I turned around to go back to her room to get her. As I turned around, there she was. She had followed me in there. Crawled after me. As I turned around and noticed her, she squealed in pure delight as her eyes met mine.

And I thought my heart might explode right out of my chest.

Now every day when I pick her up from daycare, she recognizes me when I come in the door. There is not much better than that moment. When she sees me and starts kicking her legs and smiling and squealing. Today she crawled to me when I came in. Such sweetness. There went my heart feeling like it would explode again.

Tonight as I prayed with Callie before putting her in her crib, I thanked God for those heart exploding moments. I know there are many, many more to come. And I can't wait.

  

3 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

awwww....this is such a sweet and precious post!

I have had those moments and you captured it perfectly!

Enjoy that sweet girl!

Venus said...

So sweet! Y'all are going to have such a fun summer :-)

AN said...

So sweet!! I know how you feel about the moments. Being a parent is the bestest gift we all can have!! Enjoy each moment with Callie. Kids grow up so dang fast, not kidding!!