Sunday, October 5, 2008

My own personal meal planner!

I am so excited about my new favorite thing! My friend Keysha told me about a website where you can subscribe and have access to weekly meals planned for you! And when I say planned for you, I mean totally planned for you, right down to the grocery list. You can even choose a specific meal plan for Wal-Mart or Kroger or other grocery stores where you shop. The meal plans are even specific for low-fat, point system (Weight Watchers- YAY!), low-carb, or regular. This is so COOL! My mom and I joined this weekend and we printed out our weekly menu and grocery store list. The grocery list is grouped by dairy, canned food, meat etc and even lists brand names and prices! I cannot believe how easy this is going to make my life.

My mom did the low-fat family meals and I did the point system family meals. I am very excited because I always say that I want to sit down and do a weekly menu and shop for it on the weekends and it will save me time and money, but have never actually done it. This is only $5 a month and I think it is well worth it. Plus, it gives me great new recipes as well. I am so excited! I am off to shop at Wal-Mart with my grocery list for the week now!

If you want to check it out, here is a link to the website.

E-MEALZ Easy Meals for Busy and Frugal Families
then click on "Diet Specific - Current Grocery Sales"
You can see sample menus for each plan too.

Now, if I could just hire someone to cook it for us for just as cheap...I would be SET! :)

6 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

oh what a great thing to share! I think I am going to have to try it. Could it be any easier? LOVE IT!

Keysha said...

okay, since I suggested it...I better go do it huh? off to do it-now!!!

twiceknit said...

That's great. Did you choose one of the store-specific ones? How's it working out so far?

Deziray Click said...

WOW this sounds awesome. I am going to try it. I have always shyed away from the "meal planners" b/c I do eat a "certain" way, this sounds perfect, thanks!

Deziray Click said...

I see they have a "refer a friend" program, do you need to send me a certain link, so you get the "credit" for me signing up...or do I just sign up and tell them you sent me?

Chrystel said...

that's pretty awesome!
i have been planning our weekly meals and grocery list, i shop walmart for pantry stuff and Sprouts (organic type farmers market) for veggies/fruits and we go with a budget of $60/week..

it saves us a lot of money!!!