Friday, August 5, 2011

words

Callie's favorite thing to do these days is say "dada." She calls everything dada, including her daddy. And me. I have been trying to get her to say mama. This is how that goes.

me: Callie, can you say mama?

Callie: dada

me: No Callie, listen... say maaamaaa.

Callie: dada

Yep, that's how it goes. Everytime. It makes me laugh. All in due time, I guess.

She has also said "out" in response to me very sternly saying "out" to Lambeau and Braddock every time I am feeding her and they try to sit and wait under her chair for food.

She is also working on saying dog.
But for now, the dogs are referred to as...you got it...dada.

2 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

I love it!

I can't wait for more updates as she learns to say new words! You will love how she says things...so fun!

twiceknit said...

Will did the same thing. Everything was dada for the longest time. Now he pages me from other rooms by yelling "Mommy!" in a very insistent way.