Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's possible I'm losing my mind...

One of the first things I noticed after getting pregnant was that I felt "foggy-brained." Like I was in a haze all the time. I know it's not just me...I know that this is very common...my friends tell me and the baby books say it too. But, come on, must it be so bad??

For example, is it really necessary that I drive all the way to church in my new fabulous slippers and almost get out before realizing it? Then have to drive home to put on shoes because I am certainly not going in there with my fuzzy pink flipflops on!

Or isn't it sad that when a student comes in today for a schedule change and she says we talked about it on Friday and wants to know if I got her schedule changed and my reply is, "What exactly did I tell you on Friday?" because I cannot for the life of me remember ever even talking to her!?

How about the multiple facebook messages and emails I send to people that start off with, ...I've probably already emailed/messaged you to ask you this, but I can't really remember if I did or not, so I am so sorry if I already did, but.........

And I cannot even count how many times I've walked into the main office at work just to look at the secretary and say, "hmmmm...no idea why I came in here!"

Or now I lose things that I would never lose before. Like keys. My mom and I spent almost an hour looking for the car keys after one of my showers because I had misplaced them. Even though I just knew I had given them to her for safekeeping. Nope, I had just laid them down in the back of the car and piled gifts on top of them, making it extremely hard to find them!

I have always been a list-maker/post-it note queen. But I am at an all-time high with this nowadays. If it isn't written down, it probably ain't happening.

The really bad thing is that the baby book I'm reading now says that this doesn't go away...that I will actually never be quite as clear-headed as I once was! So, if I forget to call you back or follow through on something, it really isn't my fault.

Right?

Wait, what were we talking about??

4 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

This is hilarious and you my friend are not the only one who does this!

I am loving your pregnancy posts....they make me smile every time I read them. Soon I will get to read posts with little tidbits on a certain sweet little baby girl!

Shauna said...

Oh Erin! It's so true. I've never recovered since having Carson so it's important to write EVERYTHING down! It's crazy how short-term my memory has become. Can't wait to see pics of your little girl- not much longer!

April Massad said...

Hahahaha!!!! I did the exact same thing! I love you! :)

patti said...

You are cracking me up. Sorry to agree with everyone else but P will be a year this month and I'm still as foggy as ever.

You look adorable even though I know you are probably not feeling that way. Hugs!