Thursday, July 22, 2010

growing, growing

Callie weighs 3 lbs now. That's according to babycenter.com, which I love! I would love to say that I've only gained the 3 lbs she weighs, but that would just be crazy! Actually, I am right on track with where I need to be for me to gain 1 lb a week from here until the end and I will gain 35 pounds with the pregnancy. I'm perfectly good with that amount. Which means, if you're keeping score, that I have gained 25 pounds at this point. Which is healthy, but nuts to me! It's weird to see a tens place on the scale that I've never seen before. So strange. But quite liberating, as I've said before, to know that I am supposed to be gaining weight--those numbers are supposed to be going up on the scale. My clothes that once fit are supposed to not fit anymore.

Speaking of, I cannot believe some of the items of clothing that I thought would never fit me...they were so big...and now they really don't fit me. But for the opposite reason. I've gotten too big. I've had many friends give me maternity clothes...thank the good Lord for that...and I would look through that stuff and toss pants and shirts to the side because those items would never fit me. And now, yep, they fit.

In fact, here I am in a shirt and pair of pants that I thought would never fit! :)

30 weeks 2 days


















I have also bought many things that used to fit me. Let's take this shirt for example...
I was a wee 19 weeks there. ;) I thought I was showing so much. I wore this exact outfit the other day and the shirt barely covered the panel on the maternity pants. Which is quite unflattering...to have that panel on the pants show. HA!

That brings me to maternity pants...
I am a big fan of the panel maternity pants. Like these.
I really can't stand to have anything tight on my waist at all and the panel pant really has no waist, so it's more comfortable for me.

Remember this?
Oh this pic makes me giggle. I was about 23 weeks along at this point.
Not a big fan of a waistband like this. It just fits me too tight and hits me in all the wrong places. As you can obviously tell!

Anywhoo...

Callie and I are growing, growing and happy to be doing so!  

4 comments:

Keysha said...

love it....cute shirt too ;) i remember those thoughts, like they were yesterday! then, when it's all said and done you get to look at how big you WERE, and how far your body can rebound the other way! :) God is pretty darn cool like that.

Just Brandi said...

You look great girl!!! I know what you mean about thinking things will never fit you... my mom would buy me maternity shirts and I'd hold them up and be like "MOM! THIS IS HUGE!" then I'd try it on and BAM, it fit- or it was too small! haha.
I also loved the full panel pants- so comfy!!!

Mom said...

Love, love the new banner. You are just as precious looking now as you were when you were smaller. Can't wait for baby Callie:-)

twiceknit said...

I'm with you on the panel pants. I couldn't stand any other kind. And nice green shirt!