Sunday, April 19, 2009

We're Moving!!

Courtney got a new head basketball coaching job in Muenster, TX (yes, like the cheese!). Muenster is a little German town near Gainesville and we have heard nothing but great things about it since he started checking into it when the position opened up.

This move is a hard move to make because of the friends we have made here. We've made some dear friends here...but these are people that I know I will stay in touch with no matter where we end up in life.

I must say, it is nice to not be selling a home this time! If you've been reading my blog since our move last year (and since before I deleted it accidentally), you will find that this one will be much less stressful as far as the house goes. I've grown to be okay with, and even really like, our home here in Queen City, but I do not have the attachment to it like I had to "our home" in Sachse. Gosh, it was so hard to leave that house!! I've come quite a long way in a year as far as my attachments to material things is concerned.

So, what about me? I am on the job search for counseling positions. You may also remember last year I said that I was going to trust God and I knew he WOULD PROVIDE a counseling position for me. Then I got anxious and took the very first teaching position that I found. Then many positions opened up in the area, but I was locked in to the teaching position. Well, this year I am going to be still and truly trust God. I'm not even applying for teaching positions. I am looking in Gainesville, Denton, and many, many smaller districts near Muenster. Prayers for my job would be greatly appreciated!

We are moving at the end of June. Our lease is up here July 1. My June is going to be crazy...I am going to Europe with my mom and a group of students from her school for 2 weeks at the beginning of June, then I get home and we leave for Mexico with my HS girlfriends and our husbands for 5 days, then we will MOVE! Whew. I guess I will relax in July!!

So, check back for all those adventures to come!

9 comments:

Just Brandi said...

Well YAY for the move!
Sean and I ride four wheelers out in Muenster and have been there several times! Nice little, small town! I'm sure it won't be much different than QC! I actually went in yall's old house the other night for the first time since the new neighbors moved in.
They just had a baby girl, so we went to visit. It was weird to see new people in yall's house. I will tell you, you guys (or just you, I'm sure Courtney didn't have much to do with it) had it decorated much cuter! SShhhh...

Yall's guest bedroom turned into the nursery, which was weird to see! Canary yellow walls and pink everywhere in there!

Anyway, tell Courtney we said congrats on the new job and we are praying for you guys and your job search!!!

Miss yalL!

The Johnson's said...

Yay!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! I will definetly keep my fingers crossed for you and pray that a counselor position comes your way!

B.E.A.L. said...

Congrats to Courtney and you will be in my prayers for a successful move, safe travels and a counseling job!

Just Brandi said...

We are going to Northplace off of 78 right across 5th st. from the funeral home! We love it!

Yes, it was a little strange seeing that room as a nursery.
Any plans for that any time soon?

patti said...

wow...congrats! that is a good location for you guys with family and friends, isn't it? is it closer to 35 or 75?

The Hoppers Family said...

We might have to come visit you AND have some German food. Mmmm!!!

Chrystel said...

Congratulations to Courtney!
I am sure you will get that counseling job you are dreaming about! I am keeping my fingers' crossed!!!

I am sure happy to hear you guys are getting closer... ;)

twiceknit said...

Hope the packing is going well. Keep me updated on the job search front! Can't wait to see you later this month!

Deziray Click said...

So how did the move go, are you settled in yet?