Monday, April 6, 2009

Great Worship, Right Object

I went last night to the Rock & Worship Roadshow featuring MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Tenth Avenue North, and Hawk Nelson. Can I just tell you that it was completely awesome!!


I remember our pastor at Fellowship Church in Plano (Ed Young) saying that he went to a secular concert and stood back and thought, "Great worship, wrong object." Well, last night there was GREAT worship and the object was completely right. It was so awesome to stand in that arena with thousands of people and see everyone singing out in complete worship of Jesus.

MercyMe ended the night by leading us in singing "I love you Lord" and it took me right back to Kanakuk camp. He had us sing it with no music, and then he stepped away from the mic and walked off stage. We all continued to sing, most everyone with eyes closed and arms raised. Hearing all those people singing together in one beautiful voice brought me to tears. It was a really cool moment of praise and worship. The best part is that most of the people there were high school teenagers brought there with their youth groups and friends. Seeing the worship from those kids absolutely moved me.

I love you, Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship You
Oh, my soul rejoice!
Take joy my King
In what You hear
Let it be a sweet, sweet sound
in Your ear

MercyMe's mission is to make this roadshow a free concert so they can reach more and more people through this ministry. What an amazing goal!

After the concert ended, we saw that Tenth Avenue North was signing autographs, so we got in line. We felt pretty old standing in line, waiting to talk to them, but we just had to! I have their song, "By Your Side" as my ringtone and have for a little while, so we couldn't resist...when we made it up to them, Kristy called me and we played their song for them. It was pretty funny.
We had a great time. It was such a fun night of praise and worship and it came at a time when I really needed it. Doesn't God work that way? Love it!

2 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

That is so awesome! Wish I could have been there!

Keysha said...

love it!!! so glad you guys had such an amazing worship time.