Thursday, January 1, 2009

525,600 Minutes

How do you measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee...
In pictures, in miles, in laughter, in strife...


Those words to the Rent song have me thinking... how do I measure a year--this year?

I think I will measure this year by thinking of the amount of time I spent looking at the stars, the amount of time I spent laughing with friends and family, and by the amount of time I spent enoying life.

I will not measure it with my failures, but with my accomplishments. I will not measure it with my tears, but with my laughter. I will not measure it with have nots, should nots, or would haves, but with dids and haves.

Here's to 2009! Hope your next 525,600 minutes are blessed!
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Beautiful sentiments, which I think we could all live by - I wish you and Courtney all the best that life can give you - you both mean the world to me.

B.E.A.L. said...

Happy New Year Erin! Those are the greatest words and ones everyone should hear! We hope you and Courtney have a great 2009!

Miss you bunches!

twiceknit said...

That's such a wonderful way to look at the year. Happy New Year!