Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekend Adventures

This weekend I went on a women's retreat with my old church in Plano, Fellowship Church. It was a women's weekend road trip. Since I am obviously not longer going to Fellowship, I am grateful to my friend Laura for inviting me to this fun-filled weekend.

The retreat was held at Allasso Ranch, the camp built by Fellowship for retreats, training, and of course, kid's/jr high/sr high summer camp. I was so excited to see the camp now that it is all finished.

We thought we were going for massages and relaxation, but we ended up having one outdoor adventure after another. It was so much fun!

the signs welcoming us to camp






We did not know we would be doing so much outdoor activity and neither of us brought shorts, so we had to roll up our pants. It was hot! Laura had on pretty striped socks!
Laura next to her bunk.

Me and my bunk

getting ready for our bike ride

they are right...it comes right back to you!!

ready for a canoe trip, but all that were left were kid life jackets.
This is me, squeezing into it. (I could not button the bottom buttons!)
It was so peaceful out there.
trying not to tip the boat

Laura guiding us across the lake


view from the canoe.
THE ZIPLINE!
all geared up for the zipline.

Me right before sitting down to go...I was quite nervous, as you can see.
READY.....SET....

GO!!!
(Makes my palms sweat just seeing it again!)

That is me, way down on the line, legs flailing!

We also rode horses, but my camera died and so those pictures are on Laura's camera. I will post the rest when I get those.
What a great weekend!

3 comments:

B.E.A.L. said...

It looks like you had a great time...I love the pictures! I am so proud of you for doing the zipline! I have always wanted to do that...it looks like so much fun! Glad you got to be with the ladies from your former church...and so glad for a new post!

Keysha said...

noway.noway.noway! that pic of the zipline! how am i EVER going to go on the amazing race??? LOL
you guys looked so cute! was there speakers and stuff, or just women hang out time?
great pics!

Just Brandi said...

hey girl! I had some stalkers on my page, so i had to resort to going private... ugh.

send me your email address and I'll put you on the preferred readers list!

ps your retreat look like a blast!