Friday, December 17, 2010

3 Months Old

Callie is 3 months old today.
Here are a few things about her and what she's doing now.

She rarely cries just to cry anymore.
I said rarely. It still happens some. Like when I try to pose her for her 3 month picture when she is tired. But, I guess that technically isn't crying just to cry...that's crying cause she's mad and doesn't want her picture taken. Haha













And she loves her pacifier. Her paci, as I call it. But her daddy insists we use the whole word 'pacifier' when we speak of this jewel. Either way, she loves it.


 She's developing her own little personality. Which a friend recently described as "spicy" after she saw this arms crossed picture. She really is very sweet.


She recently discovered her hands. She sucks on them a lot and spends time watching them open and shut. She also grabs things around her now, like her blankets and toys. It's so cute to watch her discover them and what she can do with them. 
View IMAG0854.jpg in slide show

She has started sleeping through the night. I still get up once a night to pump, but she is sleeping straight through. She goes to bed about 8:30 and sleeps until 5:30 usually. She slept as late as 7am a few times.

She will no longer nurse off of me for some reason. Maybe because she is so used to a bottle since she gets 3 bottles at daycare. So, I just pump and feed her breastmilk from a bottle at every feeding. She eats 5 ounces every 3 hours. Except overnight of course.

She smiles all the time at people when they talk to her. It's so sweet!! Her daddy and I LOVE getting her to smile at us. The very best is when I get her up in the morning to leave for school and she gives me a big smile. It melts me. I love those moments so much.

She laughs at her daddy and me but no sound comes out yet. Just a big ole open mouth smile really. I cannot wait until we can hear her laugh!

She weights 12lbs 12.8oz. I know this because we had to take her to her first sick baby doctor appointment. She's had a snotty nose for a few days and then the congestion got much worse and she started to cough. She was coughing so hard she would gag and throw up so I took her to the doctor. She had one infected ear, but he said it was just starting. So she is on an antibiotic.

We are going to Hot Springs Village for Callie's first Christmas in just a few days. We are so excited to spend that time with my family and our sweet 3 month old girl!

No comments: