Sunday, November 14, 2010

Road Trip!

Callie and I took our first road trip. We made the 2 ½ hr drive to my parents house in Holdenville, OK. Callie is definitely my child because she loves to sleep in the car. I fed her right before we left in the loaded down car (who knew such a tiny human would require so many things for a weekend getaway?) and she didn’t make so much as a peep the whole trip. I stopped off to get a gigantic starbucks drink and we enjoyed ourselves very much in the car. ;)

On Saturday, we got up and around and my mom and I took Callie to Tulsa to meet the extended family. I was so excited for Callie to meet her great-grandparents! She has both sets of great-grandparents, which is such a blessing. Unfortunately, my dad’s dad was not feeling well and he didn’t want to risk getting Callie sick, so we will have to visit them another time. But she got to meet my grandma and grandpa, my mom’s parents.

I love how my grandpa is playing with her in this one.

4 Generations. Greatness.

I was also so very excited about Callie meeting her third cousins. My cousin Michelle had her baby girl Breckyn in August, then I had Callie in September, and then my other cousin Brent and his wife Lori had a baby girl Lydia in October. So much fun with three baby girls!!

Lydia, Breckyn, Callie

With their great-grandparents

The moms and our girls

Callie and Breckyn enjoyed their first play date very much. Can’t you tell?

It was such a wonderful time with family! I am so glad that we made the trip so that the little girls could meet each other. I wish we lived closer to them. What fun!

No comments: